Obviously, a solid technical foundation is key. These are the general skills that are must-haves.
- Understand architecture, administration, and management of operating systems, networking, and virtualization software
- General programming/software development concepts and software analytical skills
- Proficiency in programming in Java, C/C++, disassemblers, and assembly language and programming knowledge of two or more scripting languages (PHP, Python, Perl, or shell)
- Understanding of how the different type of firewalls and network load balancers work
- Deep understanding of how network routers and switches work
- Evaluate and design systems and network architectures
And there’s more on the next page…