123 Main St. No. 102000.555.1212
Jackson, MS. email@example.com
A proactive, high-achieving manager of designs, development and implementation of software solutions, and a capable overseer of administration and support for dozens of business applications, yielding seismic improvements in stakeholder satisfaction and operating efficiencies.
“Tyrone has the innate ability to anticipate and decipher users’ needs and the organizational skills to coordinate projects while supporting diverse applications,”
— Gary Gray, IT Director, Southern Dept. Stores
- Over five years’ experience translating business processes and end-user requirements into functional system requirements that improved productivity and reduced operating costs by 18 percent.
- Successfully managed more than 35 projects, 26 applications and relationships with 45 stakeholder managers.
- Extensive work with configuration design, implementation, testing application support and maintenance.
- Created and optimized application coding techniques, balancing and query performance reducing the average cost of projects by 10 percent.
- Assigned, monitored and prioritized the work of 18 systems analysts and developers while providing technical and administrative support.
- Able to express ideas and communicate with non-technical users as well as hardware/software technicians.
Stakeholder Interaction: Manage interactions with executive clients and sponsors, driving satisfaction and identifying opportunities to enhance stakeholder value through the application management function while extending the scope of services.
Delivery: Manage various components of the application management solution including defining the project scope, estimating the resources and cost of the solution, customizing processes, defining the support organization model, defining appropriate governance and customizing the support tools. Able to plan and execute the transition to the application management solution by establishing and managing service levels and designing and implementing continuous improvement programs that optimized stakeholder value.
People Development: Served as a counselor and coach; offer input and guidance into the staffing process; actively participate in staff recruitment and retention activities; provide leadership and support for delivery teams and staff.
Technical Skills: ITIL Certification ▪ Relational Database Management ▪ SQL and UNIX Scripting ▪ SharePoint ▪ ERP ▪ Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK) ▪ Budgeting ▪ Project Management Enterprise Integration Patterns ▪ Microsoft Office, MS Project, Win2K/XP, Visio, PowerPoint ▪ BI Tools
Southern Department Stores2006 to present
IT Manager of Applications2008 to present
Responsible for the design, development, implementation, administration and on-going support of various software solutions for this major retailer.
- Rescued three troubled projects resulting in on-time and on-budget delivery.
- Garner top ratings from the CIO, stakeholders and project teams.
- Manage project delivery teams comprised of analysts and developers across the full spectrum of the software solution life cycle for projects involving SAP, relational databases and retail forecasting software.
BI/SQL Reporting Manager2006 to 2008
Responsible for the design and development of analytic and reporting products using several business applications and for supervising three associates.
- Supported an inventory management (warehouse) system and a data warehouse environment.
- Developed strategic solutions according to industry best-practices.
- Worked closely with internal teams to capture business processes and data requirements.
Third Gear Technologies1999 to 2002
Junior SQL Developer2000 to 2002
IT InternSummer, 1999
Analyzed and developed new database applications and solutions to support financial reporting, web portal access and data transformation and distribution for internal and external data feeds.
- Developed and debugged existing SQL server code
- Tested applications to ensure the highest level of quality.
- Developed end-user documentation and training materials for modified or newly developed software.
- Assisted project managers and senior developers in the gathering and documentation of business requirements, along with the analysis and design of reporting tools to support business objectives.
B.S. Computer Science Mississippi State University