For your reading pleasure, here are the stories most read by your fellow Dice users this week.
- Programming Lessons from Online Screening Software: Some time ago, iOS Community Guide Eric Schweitzer applied for a position at a major university. As is typical, part of the online application was a questionnaire. One question turned out to be a minefield.
- Tech Jobs: Expanding Networks Push S.C. Jobs: Our weekly snapshot of who’s hiring and who’s firing across the IT landscape.
- Tech Startups See Increased Hiring: It looks like startups will lead the way in tech hiring for a while. Nearly 90 percent – 87 percent to be precise – of startup executives plan to hire this year, according to Silicon Valley Bank’s Startup Outlook.
- A Guest Worker’s Perspective on H-1Bs: We asked a guest worker to share some of his thoughts about the H-1B program.
- Programming Languages That Aren’t Worth Your Time: As we all know, it seems like new programming languages are created every week. But which ones aren’t worth wasting your time on?