Here’s a copy of Lockheed’s memo, outlining its voluntary layoff program for Level 5 and Level 6 members of Lockheed’s Information Systems & Global Solutions (IS&GS) business unit that it initiated on Monday.
DATE: January 31, 2013
To: Information Systems & Global Solutions Leaders
FROM Patricia L. Lewis, Vice President, IS&GS Human Resources
SUBJECT: Level 5 and 6 Targeted Employee Voluntary Layoff Program
Today, we are announcing that IS&GS is offering a targeted voluntary layoff program for Level 5 and 6 employees as part of our ongoing affordability initiative and to align our business area for continued success. This action is being taken to give employees who meet the criteria the option to self-nominate for layoff from Lockheed Martin.
Specifically, employees in the following organizations are eligible to participate in the program:
- Civil: Transportation Solutions Line of Business
- Civil: Functional employees
- Defense: All (including functional employees)
- National: GeoVision and Integrated Ground Solutions Lines of Business, Central Engineering/CTO and functional employees (Note: Employees who have TS/SCI clearance with a full scope polygraph are not eligible for the voluntary layoff program.)
- IS&GS Centralized Functions, excluding Human Resources and Legal
You may or may not have eligible employees, but we are informing all IS&GS leaders for their awareness.
A memo from each Human Resources Vice President to eligible employees outlining the voluntary layoff program will be released Monday, February 4. Self-nominated employees with company approval for voluntary separation will be entitled to severance benefits as detailed by Corporate Policy Statement CPS-528.
It is critical that the decision to self-nominate be made by the employee and that you, the leader, neither encourage nor discourage an employee to self-nominate.
It is also important to make sure that your employees are aware of the following:
- Only Level 5 & 6 employees as outlined above and select others receiving direct notification letters are being offered the opportunity to self-nominate for the voluntary layoff program.
- The self-nomination period is from February 4 to February 28, 2013.
- Employees will be notified on March 8 of acceptance or non-acceptance for the program.
- The effective date of separation from Lockheed Martin will be March 22, 2013.
- Self-nomination is subject to approval by the Company.
- Self-nomination is irrevocable.
- Employees should carefully consider this program and understand the implications of requesting a voluntary layoff.
Over the next few weeks, you may receive questions from your team about this program. Questions should be directed to a special HR call center at 877-812-0127. Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs), Voluntary Layoff Program Description document and Self-Nomination Form are provided to assist you in understanding the voluntary layoff program.
The cost savings from this initiative will be evaluated on an on-going basis and a determination will be made regarding the need for further actions, including the potential for involuntary layoffs, as needed. Your support of this initiative is appreciated.