How Tech Companies Fish for Candidates

Ever wonder why the other guy got the job, but you didn’t even land an interview? Consider finding yourself a referral wingman. Nearly a third of successful job candidates do.

Comments

1. BY Jimmy Lozano says:

I like it….
    Very Funny…
    and Accurate…

2. BY James Green1 says:

“Ever wonder why the other guy got the job, but you didn’t even land an interview? ”
    I know why — he was a cheaper H1b visa holder with made up credentials.

3. BY feumar says:

Why not tell us — via the keyboard with text — what a “referral wingman” is? Surely it’s easier than making a video (or whatever it is you’ve produced)?

4. BY John says:

In this very difficult job market, the “bottom line” is “who you know, not what you know”. Recently, I’ve been hearing those with jobs were acting as a caddy on the golf course for their boss or being a drinking buddy or pool player at their favorite “watering hole” or casino. One fellow told me he was “house sitting” for his boss who was on (permanent) vacation in the Bahamas. Hiring managers want a “yes man” and those w/ exemplary skills at “brown-nosing” and “smoozing”.

Being an “indentured servant” is the way to go!!!

5. BY AmyInNH says:

This “Cat Miller” is actually Paula Marshall moonlighting, isn’t it.

6. BY Jenn Albertson says:

I am a soon-to-be graduate with Everest University, online division. I truly enjoyed watching this video and thought you did a great job. The information you provided was helpful and presented in a fun and creative way. I will be looking at more of your stuff after watching this video. Great job and thank you for the heads up!

Jenn