Despite the pressures of outsourcing and offshoring, programmers are always going to be needed here at home. At least, that’s my belief. For one thing, there are too many instances where the need for teams to work closely require them to be in the same place — or at least within a couple of time zones of each other.
It’s true that both the job picture and the technical environment are changing. Still, opportunities are out there. So this week I’ve put together seven stories that look at what’s happening in the programming world, and how you can take advantage of it.
- Ten Development Environments That Won’t Go Away
- Expect 270,000 New Software Development Jobs by 2020
- Coding Challenges Can Get You a Job
- ‘Hackability’ is the Future of Programming in a Post-PC World
- Companies Lure Engineers With Programming Challenges
- Java’s Still in Demand, But the Landscape’s Changing
- Programmers Have a Wealth of Educational Resources
Of course if you’d like to share your own thoughts, just leave a comment below.