Cloud computing jobs remain open as companies search with little success for the professionals they need.
Hiring demand for cloud skills is up 92 percent from February 2011 and an amazing 400 percent compared to two years ago, according to a Wanted Analytics study of job listings.
More than 3,400 of the 5,000 cloud-related job listings Wanted Analytics studied were for tech talent such as Software Engineers, Systems Engineers and Network Administrators.
Silicon Valley leads in cloud computing jobs, followed by Seattle, Washington. D.C., San Francisco and New York. The city with the highest year-over-year growth (150 percent) goes to San Francisco. But with job listings in S.F. active for an average of eight weeks, it’s clear that employers aren’t finding the people they need quickly.
According to Wanted Analytics, the most in-demand cloud-related skills are:
- Oracle Java
- Structured Query Language (SQL)
- Software as a Service (SaaS)
- Python Extensible Programming Language
- Practical Extraction and Reporting Language (Perl)
- Extensible Markup Language (XML)
- Service Oriented Architecture (SOA)