Michelle Smith, CCNA, MCP
311 Dice Road | Phoenix, AZ 85001 | 000-000-0000 | firstname.lastname@example.org
8 Years of Experience Installing, Configuring, and Troubleshooting Local Area Networks
- Proven track record in performance monitoring, reliability, enhancement, and security management.
- Exceptional problem-solving skills. Able to quickly identify issues and implement solutions.
- Cisco Certified Network Associate and Microsoft Certified Professional.
- Superior communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills.
- Able to work well in fast-paced, deadline-oriented environments.
OS: UNIX, Linux, Windows NT/XP/Vista
Configuration: TCP/IP, SNMP, Cisco routers, VPN, Symantec firewall, FTP, HTTP, WINS, DNS
Servers: Microsoft Windows 2000/2003, Exchange 2003, Active Directory
Software: MS Office Suite, MS Project, Norton AntiVirus
ABC Inc., Phoenix, AZ 2006 – Present
- Manage operating systems, application patching, backup applications, and antivirus software for workstations, laptops, and servers.
- Administer and support employee mobile devices for email, VPN, and communications.
- Work with digital department to maintain and enhance functionality of corporate website and intranet.
- Maintain standard practices and policies for corporate LAN/WAN environment.
- Develop weekly status reports and present to IT Director.
- Resolve escalated Help Desk tickets relating to server, network, and connectivity issues.
DEF Company, Phoenix, AZ 2003 – 2006
- Installed, configured, and maintained Novell networks, 2,000 workstations, file servers, ethernet networks, network cabling, and peripheral equipment.
- Managed network security, including building firewalls, applying cryptography to network applications, creating tape backup and disaster recovery plans, and maintaining file permissions.
- Configured, troubleshot, and resolved network access issues with switches and routers.
- Maintained user accounts in Active Directory by adding/deleting users, correcting user access problems, and assigning appropriate rights and privileges.
- Researched enhancements and made recommendations to optimize network reliability.
HJK Corporation, Phoenix, AZ 2001 – 2003
Junior Network Administrator
- Administered network workstations using TCP/IP protocols in UNIX-based operating system.
- Troubleshot connectivity issues and implemented solutions to correct outages and malfunctions.
- Setup and installed hardware, software, patches, printers, and operating systems for 750 users.
- Helped identify utilization patterns and effects on systems to optimize availability to end users.
- Documented network problems and resolutions for department reference.
University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ
Bachelor of Science in Computer Science (2001)
Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP)
Keywords: systems, admin, engineer, technician, LAN, WAN specialist, consultant, senior, manager